Instagram is a network with tremendous marketing potential, as proven by some of these great marketing fun facts!
Long before Instagram opened its API for advertising, it was a valuable asset for any marketer. There is plenty that supports this statement, and the fun facts and figures listed here are just a few of those things.
- There are over 300 million active Instagram users, and 70% of those users are outside of the U.S.
- There are more than 75 million Instagram users who use the app every single day.
- 20% of web users are also active Instagram users.
- Posts receive an average of 36 engagements (2.5 billion ‘likes’ per day on an average of 70 million photos and videos posted).
- Users spend an average of 21 minutes on the app every day.
- When Michael Kors tested their first ads on Instagram, posts received an average of four times the amount of engagement.
- Nike is the most popular retail brand on Instagram with over 10 million unique followers.
- Instagram posts generate an average 3.3% engagement rate, while tweets generate less than 1% engagement (on average).
- There is an almost perfectly even distribution of male-female users on Instagram (51% male).
- 14% of drivers admit to checking Instagram while operating a vehicle. (No one said all of these stats would be good.)
- 90% of Instagram users are under the age of 35.
- 85 of the world’s Top 100 brands have an active Instagram account.
- 50% of retailers are active on Instagram.
- The average sales order value from an Instagram-referred conversion is $66.75.
- 38% more engagement with photos that feature a face.
These are just a few of the amazing statistics that make Instagram a marketers dream when it comes to rich media.
Have you used the network for a particular campaign? Tell us about it!