https://t2marketinginternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Social-Media-Fun-Facts.jpg 416 625 Corey Padveen https://t2marketinginternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/t2logogrey.png Corey Padveen2016-10-20 07:47:312016-10-20 07:47:3120 New Fascinating Social Media Fun Facts
The rate of change in the socialsphere means that every few months there are some hugely impressive social media fun facts popping up that are worth noting.
Once again, a lot has taken place in the world of social media, and that means there are plenty of new facts and figures that should be of interest to marketers. Take a look at some of these incredible new social media fun facts!
- A new mobile social user is added every twelve seconds. That’s roughly one million people activating social networks on a mobile device every day.
- Between Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp (which is owned by Facebook) 60 billion messages are processed each day.
- The average web user has over 5 active social media accounts.
- 82% of Millennials are active on Facebook.
- Over 85 % of Twitter users are accessing the platform primarily on a mobile device.
- Last year, social networks collected just over $8 billion in advertising revenue.
- When it comes to Fortune 500 companies, the majority are more active on Twitter (80%+) while only about a fifth are engaging users on Facebook.
- Over 95% of conversations about brands involve users that do not actually follow or engage with that brand on social media.
- Nearly 80% of users that complain about a brand or transaction want a response within one hour.
- 55% of web users watch video content online every day.
- Nearly 40% of Twitter users will buy from a brand that they follow on the network.
- Snapchat users watch more than 6 billion videos every day.
- 56 million blog posts are shared to WordPress websites every month (and this is one of them!).
- Close to 90% of all web searches around the world are done on Google.
- Nearly a fifth of all daily queries on Google are completely unique and have never been asked before.
- 92% of Pinterest users access the network primarily on a mobile device as opposed to a desktop.
- 90% of Instagram users are under the age of 35.
- The average CEO has 930 connections on LinkedIn.
- Over 90% of the content shared on Pinterest is done by women.
- Just about one-third of the global population is active on some form of social media.